September 23, 2014
The Thornton Township will be accepting applications for the 2014 Christmas Programs For Toys and Food Baskets on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 and Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 10am - 1pm and Thursday, October 9, 2014 from 3pm-6pm at the Thornton Township Hall located at 333 E. 162nd Street in South Holland. YOU MUST BE A THORNTON TOWNSHIP RESIDENT.
Required Documentation is Mandatory.
Photo ID - Current State of Illinois Drivers License or Illinois State ID with current township
Proof of Residence - One of the following matching the address on the Photo ID
* Utility Bill (Water, Gas or Electric: August or September 2014)
* Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance - Current date
* Bank Statement (August or September 2014)
* Credit Card Statement (August or September 2014)
* Medical Card - Current date
Proof of last 30 days of Income - Bring all that apply for each member of household.
* Unemployment Benefit Payment Stub
* Current Income Verification from Department of Human Services (Public Aid) or notice
of Decision with TANF (not Food Stamps only)
* Social Security Award letter
* DCFS Award Letter
* and/or the most recent check stub for the past 30 days from your Employer
Birth Certificate for each member of the household
* Child's birth certificate with you as Parent or Legal Guardianship document
* Children qualifying for gifts must have a birthday after January 1, 2001
Each qualifying child's clothing and shoe size.
Registration will not be completed without the above information. This program is based on income and residence of Thornton Township only. The dates above are the only dates that applications will be accepted. Gifts will not be held past scheduled pick up. No Waiting List.